Hmm, anything in my fabric stash that will work next Fall?
This is my first attempt at making Simplicity 2700 Amazing Fit slacks. If I recall, this is my first attempt at slacks! Overall, I am happy with the result. I made a size 16 curvy and it was too big. So big, in fact, that I’m going to buy the smaller pattern sizes because I compared the finished slacks to the size 14 and the slacks are much smaller. I need to figure this our because I have some beautiful chocolate corduroy and dark denim in the queue!
- Fabric: Anne Klein Olive Cotton Twill from Fabrique!
- Thread: Coats & Clark Dual Duty XP All Purpose Color 6380 Spinach
- Zipper: Coats & Clark Polyester All Purpose Zipper 6 inch, Black. (The pattern called for a 7 inch zipper, but that was too long. A 5 inch would be perfect.)
- Buttons: La Mode Style 34567, size 9/16″, green, made in France
- Other: Wrights 1/4″ Wide Twill Tape and Double Fold Bias Tape
Whipped out the latest sewing project in a couple hours this Saturday when tennis was rained out. I used discount fabric from Fashion Fabrics Club.
1 YARD PIECE
I made the size 14, view D. The only modification was to lengthen the top 1″.
The results are good. I’ll try some of the other styles. Click on a thumbnail below to see full image.
This time I made the fleece jacket, view D, in a size 14, so that I can actually wear it!
Material – Anti pill fleece fabric in charcoal (2.125 YRD, $9.54) – 100% Polyester, Mach. Wash cold, delicate, no bleach, tumble dry low, 58″ wide.
Thread – Coats Dual Duty XP® General Purpose Thread Charcoal (0850).
Buttons – JHB Chilliwack (92448), Color Black Silver, Size 7/8″, Material Metal.
Completed my second Amy Butler bedside organizer, first this year, with material from CityCraft. This will fit a king bed, but the deck can be folded to use on a smaller width bed. These organizers are very useful if you do not have nightstands or bedside tables. Keeps everything at your fingertips – reading material, phone, music, glasses, lip balm…